• 250g or 2 1/2 cups of champignons (brown if available), sliced
• 50g or 1/2 scant cup of cashews
• 1 small onion
• 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
• 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
• Salt and Pepper to taste
- Roast cashews in a dry pan over medium heat until golden brown. You could also do this in the oven: 10 minutes at 180 C / 360 F.
- Finely mince onion and add to coconut oil over medium heat. Fry until translucent.
- Set aside onions and add sliced mushrooms to frying pan. Fry until golden brown on both sides. (Don’t crowd them: you want them fried, not cooked.)
- Put cashews in food processor and mix until finely ground. Add other ingredients (onions, mushrooms, parsley, salt, pepper) and mix until smooth.