• 150g Pecans
• 150g Almonds
• 1 tsp Sea Salt
• 200g Pitted Medjool Dates
• 4 Ripe Avocados
• 150g Coconut Oil
• 1 Vanilla Pod
• 200g Raw Cacao
• A pinch of Sea Salt
• 300g Coconut Blossom Sugar or Honey to taste, and more to sprinkle.
- First blend the ingredients for the base in a food processor, pack into a round cake tin and place in the freezer to set while you make the chocolate mixture.
- Blend the cacao and avocado flesh with the coconut oil – you may need to heat it gently in a bain marie first if you live in a cold place like we do here in London: the more liquid it is the creamier your cake will be.
- Then add salt, vanilla and honey or a sweetener of your choice to taste. I like to use as little as possible as I quite like the presence of the avocado but you may wish to up the sweetness…
- Pour on top of the base and place in the fridge or freezer to set until firm. Move to the fridge before serving and sprinkle with coconut blossom sugar, cinnamon, cacao nibs or whatever grabs you before cutting into slices and serving. Berries are a great addition if you have room.